Summit County Realtor Susie Cortright is a nationally certified Resort and Second Home Property Specialist (RSPS).
The Resort and Second-Home Property Specialist (RSPS) is a nationally-recognized and official certification of the National Association of REALTORS. By earning this certification, Susie has distinguished herself among her peers and demonstrated expertise in the resort and second-home market.
The RSPS designation demonstrates that Susie has received specialized training, as well as skills, knowledge, and insights to help buyers and sellers make informed decisions about second-home properties for vacation and investment.
Home, Sweet (Second) Home
There are so many things to consider when you are considering the purchase of a second home. As an RSPS, Susie can help you find the home that fits you, that meets your personal needs and your unique financial position.
Investing in a second home can be one of the most complex transactions you’ll ever undergo. The process should not be taken lightly, and an RSPS can help.
- Evaluate and select the type of property that makes the most sense for you.
- Assist you in finding the best form of ownership – whether co-ownership, 100% or fractional.
- Find suitable financing options.
- Discover the investment value of property.
- Identify strategies for building a rental business.
- Understand the potential and possibilities of using the Section 1031 Exchange for investment property.
- Understand the IRS guidelines for tax treatments of second-home, vacation, and investment properties.
Get started by downloading her comprehensive guidebook: The Insider’s Guide to Summit County Real Estate (Buyer’s Edition).
And learn more about the Summit County and Breckenridge Second-Home and Vacation Home Market by reading a few of Susie’s feature articles:
- Buying a Second Home in Colorado Insider info on the advantages (and cautions) of buying a second home in Colorado.
- Breckenridge Real Estate and Vacation Rentals How to have someone else help you pay for your dream home or condo when you’re not here to enjoy it yourself…
- Breckenridge Luxury Homes Explore the luxury and ultraluxury communities of Breckenridge.
- Investment Property Homes and condos with high (historic or projected) short term rental income in relation to list price.
- Development Opportunities Today’s real estate development opportunities in Summit and Park Counties.
- Commercial Real Estate Listings in Breckenridge
- Rental Property Management Options Who is going to take care of your property while you’re gone, and how are those short-term renters going to find and book your property?
- Tax Deductions for Second Homes Potential tax advantages of your Summit County property.
- Fractional Ownership Opportunities Fractional ownerships allow buyers to purchase luxury property with premium location and/or amenities at a fraction of the price. Learn more and see today’s listings.
- 12 Mistakes Buyers Make When Looking for a Ski Condo
- Condo or House? 10 Important Questions to Help You Know for Sure
- Purchasing Property in the Wildland Urban Interface (WUI): Important Considerations
- Land for Sale: 16 Questions to Ask Before You Make an Offer
- Colorado Mountain Real Estate: Why Breckenridge?
- Demystifying the Summit County Transfer Tax
- Figuring Your Summit County Property Taxes
- The 1031 Exchange: An Easy to Understand Guide
Real Estate Calculators & Tools
Susie’s Neighborhood Spotlights
** If you own a property in Summit County, request the latest Market Report for your complex or subdivision. This report will feature properties currently for sale, properties under contract and sold properties, along with year-to-date and historic sales and trends. These are nice to look at, even if you are not planning to sell anytime soon, and I’m happy to provide them. Just email me. **